Monday, October 18, 2010

arrival


Horrible scan. The page is bigger than A4, and that never works. But that's not the point. This is the front page of the sketchbook I put all the Silly Stuff in. I had decorated it before, but I never liked what I did. You see, I went into it without a plan, and while that may work for everybody else - I don't know, does it? - it doesn't for me. Too many non-combinations of colours for starters. I needed to do something about it! Seeing that Silly has officially finished, and I had all this time on my hands, I decided to go in the way the Professional Journallers do.

And that's what I mean, there you go! I have arrived as a modern crea chick! I have GESSOED my way out of a pickle and got to come up with a whole new design, on top of the old one - which you can still see a little through the gesso, but only in a two-toned winter-wonderland way, which is quite acceptable! I'm so proud ;)

*also a first: lettering in acrylic paint, with a brush, that is! but seriously, who cares? ;)*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me in on your thoughts!