Thursday, June 27, 2013

solid


So I didn't take a nosedive. Which is as awesome as it is... disconcerting! Because here I was, all prepared to - uhm, nosedive into my usual shut-down-mode, which is where I generally find myself when chaotic happenings end (the need to take apart and rebuild everything I already knew) - but then I didn't. Which leaves me strangely at a loss when it comes to words. I'm in a good place - not Fabulous, but good, and it's unfamiliar. But if I wait untill I've got the words to bend with the road I'm on, this blog will gather dust. I promised myself it wouldn't, and yet it has been empty here for the past two weeks. I started to write and then I stopped. Drafts waiting for - clarity. Or the recycling bin. I'm not sure. Not sure of much at the moment, but - again - in an unfamiliarly good sense :) Things are cooking, but not boiled down. So here are some drawings that came out over the past couple of weeks.


Squirt's bikes. Which seemed like a great subject to draw - lots of lines and technical what-nots to fight with, as well as a good example of the theme I'd thought up for myself: growing. Yes. And then I found myself quite sad ;)


And then there's that. It wasn't immediately inspired by my kid undeniably growing, but it's a part of the whole story anyway, of course. It's something I fight with, still, at times. Not all the time, but it comes up. And right now, strange as it may sound, it feels like a solid thing to come up. Not something that will push me over any kind of edges, not something I'm making harder for myself, but something that is - understood to be hard. I don't know if that makes any kind of sense to anyone but me, but hanging out in a space where I'm actually okay, this is - alright to feel something about...

I don't feel like I'm on my toes. Of course I'm vigilant - I find myself in a strange field of wildflowers, and while I'm enjoying the scenery, and sniffing the air, I know I'm me and I'm vulnerable. But I'm dealing with things, as they come up, and so far?


I'm squeezing just fine :)

Hope you're fine, too. Hope whatever is on your plate is just enough to hang out with, on the sane side of things. 


Here's to whatever lays ahead & facing up! I'll be back... :)

4 comments:

  1. I am in such awe of your drawing talent! {sigh}
    And I totally get what you’re saying. (After thirty years I still get a pang now and then about ‘what might have been’. What went wrong? But I can’t dwell on it or it would suck me into a black hole. But I do ‘pay homage’ of a sort in the remembering.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bikes drawing. And the cucumbers one. And I know things will get clearer at a point when you'll be able to let go. And I do know it's very very hard to do it. Maybe even impossible in this life time.

    Sending ❤ your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. You're in a good place, Mamma. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, moving and vulnerable at the same time. How life is.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me in on your thoughts!